Monday, April 27, 2009

April 27

Last Monday of class :( Summer is on the way

When I was in high school, I had this teacher who was obsessed with the "Hero's Journey." We spent 3 months on interpreting the hero's journey in Beowulf and Star Wars. We compared Beowulf and Luke Skywalker's journey's to the traditional journey of the hero. At the end of the semester we had to analyze "Star Wars : A New Hope" and Luke's journey to becoming a hero. Now whenever I watch, see, or hear anybody mention Star Wars I think of that paper I had to write; I think about Luke's perilous journey to becoming the hero- Call to Adventure, Refsal of the Call, Meeting with the Mentor, Crossing the Threshold, Road of Trials, Refusal of the Return, Magic Flight, Master of Two Worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment