Monday, February 2, 2009

Feb 2-Rape in Cyberspace

Mr. Bungle did commit rape, while it was not physical rape, it was rape. He emotionally scarred the other people that he was talking to. While it was not in a real place, you do get invested in what you do online. When a pedophile looks at pictures online the police consider it illegal. People pretend to be others online all the time, we never really know who someone is when they are online. After all the things that I have heard about chat rooms, I have never gone to a chat room. Where is the line drawn between reality and fantasy? I don't think that people realize how much their writing can and will affect people.


When I was 7-8, I would watch the X-Files with my Mom and Dad (I would be reading or sleeping- I just wanted to spend time with them), but one episode that I was awake for was the "Fiji Mermaid." There was a man who had a growth on his side that had a 'thing' inside. It would come out of the host and kill people to survive. It freaked me out sooooo much that I still can't sleep without some sort of light on and I can't seep with my back to the wall. I have to be able to see my entire room at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment