Monday, February 23, 2009

Feb. 23- Frankenstein

To love something to deeply that you would rather die than live with out it, is absolutely terrifying to me, yet I would still choose to love that person unconditionally.

Victor defies nature by making the monster. To give something life that originally never had life is against the laws of nature. When the monster comes alive, Victor realizes his mistake- he shouldn't have given such a thing life. The monster looks like death- but alive. His reasons for building the monster were to potentially bring back his mother or prevent Elizabeth from hurting him in the future or just afraid of a world without her.

"I became as cheerful as before I was attacked by that fatal passion" (41)... Its fate intervening, he doesn't choose to take responsibility for his actions in creating the monster. I think that he should have taken responsibility for what he did, he chose to create and tried to defy death.

No comments:

Post a Comment